Victorian Museum Awards
The Victorian Museum Awards recognise outstanding achievements and service in the museum, gallery, and collecting sector. This special event celebrates organisations and individuals whose passion and work build a strong Victorian museum and gallery industry.
Objectives of the Victorian Museum Awards
- Raise awareness of museums as effective vehicles for engagement with ideas and communities.
- Reward and encourage best practice by individuals and organisations.
- Celebrate the value of museums to local and wider community groups.
2016 Awards Categories
Nominations for the 2016 Victorian Museum Awards will open on Monday 21 March and close on Friday 20 May.
- The Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Excellence (Volunteer)
- The Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Excellence (Paid Staff)
Individual category winners receive the following prizes valued at over $400:
- One-year Membership of Museums Australia including subscription to Victoria’s INSITE Magazine
- One copy of 'Exhibition Design for Galleries & Museums: An Insider's View'
- Two complimentary tickets to an MA (Vic) seminar or event
- Gift voucher of $75
- The Archival Survival Award for Volunteer-Run Museums (up to 1 EFT paid staff) – PRIZE: Archival Survival supplies valued at $1,000
- The Archival Survival Award for Small Museums (2-7 Paid Staff) – PRIZE: Archival Survival supplies valued at $1,000
- The Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Medium Museums (8-50 Paid Staff)
- The Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Large Museums (51+ Paid Staff)
Thank You to Our 2016 Victorian Museum Awards Sponsors and Supporters
Photo: The 2015 Victorian Museum Awards at the National Gallery of Victoria.