Victorian Museum Awards
The Victorian Museum Awards highlight outstanding achievements and service in the museum, gallery and collecting sector. This special event celebrates organisations and individuals whose passion and work build a strong museum industry.
Objectives of the Victorian Museum Awards
- Raise awareness of museums as effective vehicles for engagement with ideas and communities.
- Reward and encourage best practice by individuals and organisations.
- Celebrate the value of museums to local and wider community groups.
Nominations for the 2013 Victorian Museum Awards have now opened.
Nominations close Friday 14 June.
In 2013 Museums Australia (Victoria) would like to announce the following Award categories:
- The Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Excellence (Volunteer)
- The Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Excellence (Paid Staff)
Individual category winners in the Victorian Museum Awards 2012 will receive the following prizes valued at over $500:
- One year Gold Membership of Museums Australia
- One year subscription to INSITE magazine
- One copy of Exhibition Design for Galleries & Museums: an insider's view
- Two complimentary tickets to an MA (Vic) seminar or event
- Gift voucher for $75 from Deakin University bookstore
- The TASHCO Systems Award for Volunteer Run Museums
PRIZE: TASHCO Systems showcase valued at $3,000
- The Archival Survival Award for Small Museums (2-7 Paid Staff)
PRIZE: Archival Survival storage materials valued at $2,000
- The Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Medium Museums (8-50 Paid Staff)
- The Museums Australia (Victoria) Award for Large Museums (51+ Paid Staff)
The Award presentations will take place at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image on Thursday 8 August 2013. Hosted by special guest Lindy Burns from ABC Radio, the event celebrates the achievements of exceptional museums, their people and programs.